The National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS) announced the roster of speakers for its NCLGS Winter Meeting 2020 that takes place January 10-12, 2020, at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. Registration is open for legislators and the public at http://nclgs.org/index.php/events/nclgs-winter-meeting-san-diego-2020.
“We are excited that so many highly respected experts are joining us this year in San Diego to help legislators, regulators, and industry participants understand the evolving landscape that is gaming across the United States,” said NCLGS President-elect Keith Pickard, a Nevada State Senator. “The lineup of speakers and panelists this year is unprecedented in quality and scope. I can hardly wait for this conference to start.”
The NCLGS Winter Meeting will focus on critical issues that legislative decision makers throughout the United States will confront, ranging from the rollout of sports betting to growing revenues and generating employment, to law enforcement, security and cheating at casinos. Additionally, a major policy initiative will be unveiled by American Gaming Association’s (AGA) Responsible Gambling Collaborative as a special presentation.
Speakers who will address these and other timely issues include:
- Gerald Aubin, Director, Rhode Island Lottery
- Joe Briggs, Staff Counsel, Public Policy Counsel, National Football League Players Association
- Jonodev O. Chaudhuri, Partner, Quarles & Brady
- William P. Coley II, Senator, Ohio
- Frank Donaghue, Vice President of Regulatory Affairs, Chief Compliance Officer, Penn National
- William Egan, Senior Lottery Associate, Spectrum Gaming Group
- Alan Feldman, Distinguished Fellow, Responsible Gaming, University of Nevada, Las Vegas – International Gaming Institute
- Jon Ford, Senator, Indiana
- Steve Geller, Principal, Geller Law Firm
- Robert Heller, CEO, Spectrum Gaming Capital
- Jamie Hummingbird, Director, Cherokee Nation Gaming Commission
- Brandt Iden, Representative, Michigan
- Robert Jacobson, Executive Director, California Council on Problem Gambling
- Susan Jensen, Executive Director, California Nations Indian Gaming Association
- Kate Lowenhar-Fisher, Member, Dickinson Wright
- John Maloney, Principal Attorney, John K. Maloney Law
- Marquest Meeks, Senior Counsel, Sports Betting & Investigations, Major League Baseball
- Cody Martinez, Chairman, Sycuan Band of the Kumeyaay Nation
- Bill Miller, President & CEO, American Gaming Association (AGA)
- Steve Norton, CEO, Norton Management
- Keith Pickard, Senator, Nevada
- Dan Reaser, Director, Fennemore Craig
- F. Douglas Reed, Senior Pari-Mutuel Associate, Spectrum Gaming Group
- Kevin Ryan, Representative, Connecticut
- May Scheve Reardon, Executive Director, Missouri Lottery
- Sue Schneider, Editor-in-Chief, Gaming Law Review
- Judith A. Shapiro, Esquire, Judith Shapiro Law
- Katherine Spilde, Professor, L. Robert Payne School of Hospitality & Tourism Management, San Diego State University
- Perry Thurston, Senator, Florida
- Dave Trujillo, Director, Washington State Gambling Commission
- Joe Verrengia, Representative, Connecticut
- Rachel Volberg, Research Professor, School of Public Health and Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Keith Whyte, Executive Director, National Council on Problem Gambling
- Robert Zahradnik, Principal Officer, State and Local Fiscal Health, The Pew Charitable Trusts
- Jane Zerbi, Principal, Law Office of Jane Zerbi
Additional speakers will be added in the coming weeks.
The agenda for the three-day NCLGS Winter Meeting includes:
- Six legislative-chaired Committee sessions that will focus on tribal and commercial casinos, responsible gaming, and lotteries, as well legal, regulatory, and operational aspects related to sports betting
- Two IMGL masterclass panels conducted by the International Masters of Gaming Law focusing on the legal and regulatory trends of tribal-state gaming compacts and cutting-edge issues related to the surge of sports betting across the U.S.
- Morning Keynote Address from Robert Zahradnik of The Pew Charitable Trusts
- Luncheon Keynote Address from Bill Miller of AGA: “State of the Industry”
- Special presentation featuring the release of the “Responsible Gambling Effectiveness Principles” by AGA’s Responsible Gambling Collaborative
- General session panel examining what state and local governments can do to capture economic benefits of gaming
- Thursday evening networking reception
- Friday evening welcome reception
- Saturday afternoon offsite event
To view the agenda, register, and book rooms at the host hotel at special attendee rates by the December 11 deadline, visit http://nclgs.org/index.php/events/nclgs-winter-meeting-san-diego-2020.
For sponsorship information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Legislators and others seeking NCLGS membership information should contact Wayne Marlin at email@example.com.
NCLGS is the only organization of state lawmakers that meets on a regular basis to discuss issues relating to gaming. Members of NCLGS serve as chairpersons or members of state legislative committees responsible for the regulation of gaming in their state legislative houses. NCLGS does not promote or oppose gaming but is primarily concerned with the regulation and economic and social impacts of the industry. The NCLGS Foundation is the educational and research arm of NCLGS. The 501(c)(3) non-profit is a source of non-partisan data on issues of gaming legislation and regulation. Learn more about NCLGS at https://www.nclgs.org/.
Spectrum Gaming Group, which has performed advisory and consulting work for gaming operators, regulators, and legislatures in 40 U.S. states and territories and in 48 countries on six continents, serves as Executive Director of NCLGS. Discover more about Spectrum at https://www.spectrumgaming.com/.
SOURCE National Council of Legislators from Gaming States
Gambling Business during a Quarantine Period: Forecasts and Actions
The first Ukrainian specialized online gambling business magazine Logincasino.com.ua is organizing a two-day webinar. During the online event, opinion leaders will share the most important information regarding the gambling business during the crisis, including its legalization and new trends.
The webinar will take place on June 17 and 18, the event will start at 19:00 (UTC +3). The list of speakers includes lawyers, the bill’s author, marketers, a media psychologist, as well as top cyber sports and cyber soccer managers.
Anyone interested can take part in the event after filling out a registration form on the website of the event. On the day of the webinar, which will be held online, participants will be sent an active link to the platform where the broadcast will take place.
What participants will learn:
- nuances of doing business in Ukraine, taking into account the current and latest information on the bill № 2332;
- comparative analysis with the jurisdictions of Belarus and Malta;
- basic information for operators to start operations;
- how cyber sports and cyber soccer will change due to the drastic increase in their popularity and the economic crisis;
- how operators can monetize their sports audience in the absence of sporting events;
- guideline for agencies and clients: crisis marketing;
- about traffic arbitration and lead generation;
- about addicts: practical tips for work.
It is possible to register following the link.
The most important information regarding speakers, including topics and key points of their speeches, can be found on the website of the event.
During the broadcast, webinar participants will have the opportunity to ask questions that the Logincasino.com.ua team will send to experts and make a post-material based on their answers.
Fill out the registration form and join the event at 19:00 (UTC +3) on June 17-18.
Casino Hacks– the world’s first Casino Bonus & News TV!
New online casino affiliate combines the successes of MTV, Top Gear and Late-Night Talk Shows with casino games entertainment
Online casino fans now have the perfect platform for their interests in slot machines, blackjack, baccarat and roulette. Casino Hacks.comis launching the world’s first TV show for online casino players.
Targeting millions of online casino fans worldwide, and having already partnered with some of the major online casino operators and casino games suppliers, Swedish-owned Casino Hacks has been created by a tight team of former gaming operators, producers, marketing & SEO experts, including former executives at MTV, Mr Green, Bethard, Raketech, Pokerstars and Metal Casino who are also passionate online casino lovers.
Casino Hacks Founder Clas Dahlén was named ‘Sweden’s Best Marketer’ in 2014 when heading up Mr Green in Sweden, and is also the former Founder and Brand Strategist behind Metal Casino. The host of the show, Jonas Lutteman, who worked in the editing rooms of MTV in London will lead the entertainment and competitions in the CASINO HACKS show as well as manage Casino Hacks’ Twitch Program.
Even before the launch, Casino Hacks has already contracted major online casino operators and casino games suppliers to partner up on the affiliate platform and sponsor the TV show. It is a perfect platform to reach casino players and high rollers in a confined online casino games channel. Only a selection of online casinos will be partnered initially, as Casino Hacks only will work with the best online casinos offering the best casino bonuses as a trade off to a new, more beneficial, business model for the partnered online casino.
Clas Dahlén, the CEO, or ‘The Sales Guy’, as he would rather be referred to, says:
“Casino Hacks is here because we believe that online casino players, across the world deserve a higher standard of live entertainment. Looking for tips, hacks and great casinos and the best bonuses should not be like going through the Yellow Pages! We believe this part of the casino experience should reflect all the fun and action one can expect from an online casino today.
“It’s now my mission to market and sell this amazing website. I’ll be a sales-focused CEO who will introduce our outstanding service to casino players and make sure the content is entertaining. That is my full-time job for now!
“Coming from the operator side we felt it was time to do something new in the affiliate sector, creating new energy and with great design, broadcasting and all the fun entertainment that the online casino experience truly is about.
“The Show will reveal the latest online casino news, broadcasting casino reviews, new slots and interviews with interesting industry people such as the best Twitchers. The daily show will naturally run fun and rewarding competitions continuously.”
Casino Hacks is set for an international launch this week in Canada and New Zealand, followed by Australia, Iceland and six other territories in 2020.
Clas Dahlén describes their pioneering approach:
“Casino Hacks speaks out loud. We are the new kid on the block, and we don’t give a damn about our competitors’ conventional marketing or offers. Keeping our language real, trustworthy and staying true to our beliefs is something most people strive for. Few live up to it. Our members can count on us. As our brand platform describes, we are creative, honest and passionate in our communication with our members.
“We are Casino Hacks and we deliver winning Entertainment!”
AskGamblers to Divert €50,000 Through Catena Operations Ltd to Help Fight COVID-19
Out of the original sum of €66,900 raised during AskGamblers Charity Night back in January 2020, AskGamblers will be diverting €50,000 through Catena Media to help fight COVID-19. AskGamblers’s Charity Night took place in Belgrade, in January 2020, which is when we managed to raise €66,900 thanks to our dear partners who participated in the auction. With the situation the world is currently in, we have decided to divert €50,000 out of the original sum to UNICEF and, by doing so, help fight COVID-19. Although no amount of money is enough when health is involved, we do hope this donation will make at least a bit of a difference when it comes to fighting the coronavirus pandemic.
The money AskGamblers Charity event managed to raise is solely thanks to our casino partners who took part in the event, and now recognised the importance of our cause willing to contribute. Namely, Max Affiliates, Campeonbet Casino, SlotWolf Casino, Mr.Play Casino, Ivy Affiliates, EnergyCasino, Platincasino, Gunsbet Casino, BitStarz Casino, are the ones who made this all possible and we would once again like to thank them.
“We’re all aware of the fact that the battle between humanity and coronavirus pandemic is going to be a long journey, but we truly believe it is our responsibility to help protect the most vulnerable ones who are fighting this dangerous disease,” said Nikola Teofilovic, AskGamblers Vice President. “We have decided to divert €50,000 to support our local hospitals with the necessary resources to save lives in the fight against COVID-19.”
Stakelogic and iSoftBet Sign Content Distribution Partnership
Week 39/2020 slot games releases
Ukraine’s UPEA Unveils Five-year Strategy for Esports Development
GamCare Charity Publishes Parental Guidance on Gaming Safety
“Operators demand access to new markets and new player bases”: Exclusive crypto gambling interview with Glen Bullen from DAOGroup.
RubyPlay Launches Wolf Haven Video Slot
Austrian Association for Betting and Gambling Calls for New Online Gambling Licensing System
UK Government Launches Call for Evidence on Loot Boxes in Video Games
Stakelogic’s Lion Gold Slot Comes with Mega Super Stake Feature
Betsson Launches New Production Studio in Sweden
Follow us on Twitter
Latest News3 months ago
Cambodian Cabinet Passes Casino Regulation
Latest News2 months ago
EGBA Criticises Germany’s Proposed iGaming Regulations
Latest News2 months ago
STS Gaming Enters into Partnership with SafeCharge
Latest News2 months ago
GVC appoints of Sandeep Tiku as Chief Operating Officer
Latest News3 months ago
Market rundown by the Baltic industry shareholders at MARE BALTICUM Gaming Summit 2020 (Tallinn)
Latest News3 months ago
Incentive Games Partners with NewPlay Group
Latest News2 months ago
Sands China Reports US$549 Million Net Loss for Q2 2020
News3 months ago
Virtual Football – More Than a Pandemic Fad for UK Bookies?