The Gambling Commission has yesterday published a report into enforcement action it has taken against operators over the past year.
The Enforcement report highlights the lessons it wants gambling businesses to learn from its investigations and provides guidance to them on anti-money laundering, customer interaction, self-exclusion, unfair terms and practices and marketing and advertising.
Neil McArthur, Chief Executive, said: “We want operators to pay attention to the lessons set out in this report. We want them to focus on ways to make gambling fairer and safer for consumers in Great Britain.
“We also want gambling businesses to collaborate and to invest the same amount of resources into data, technology and research into building better protections for consumers, as they do to creating new products, or advertising and marketing campaigns.
“This is a call to action to the leaders of operators to set the tone from the top, to lead a culture of compliance that puts doing the right thing for your customers first, and to strive to continuously raise standards for consumers.”
Source: Gambling Commission
Source: Press Releases Published on European Gaming Media Network
Legislators from Gaming States Announces 35 Expert Speakers for January 10-12 Winter Meeting in San Diego
The National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS) announced the roster of speakers for its NCLGS Winter Meeting 2020 that takes place January 10-12, 2020, at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. Registration is open for legislators and the public at http://nclgs.org/index.php/events/nclgs-winter-meeting-san-diego-2020.
“We are excited that so many highly respected experts are joining us this year in San Diego to help legislators, regulators, and industry participants understand the evolving landscape that is gaming across the United States,” said NCLGS President-elect Keith Pickard, a Nevada State Senator. “The lineup of speakers and panelists this year is unprecedented in quality and scope. I can hardly wait for this conference to start.”
The NCLGS Winter Meeting will focus on critical issues that legislative decision makers throughout the United States will confront, ranging from the rollout of sports betting to growing revenues and generating employment, to law enforcement, security and cheating at casinos. Additionally, a major policy initiative will be unveiled by American Gaming Association’s (AGA) Responsible Gambling Collaborative as a special presentation.
Speakers who will address these and other timely issues include:
- Gerald Aubin, Director, Rhode Island Lottery
- Joe Briggs, Staff Counsel, Public Policy Counsel, National Football League Players Association
- Jonodev O. Chaudhuri, Partner, Quarles & Brady
- William P. Coley II, Senator, Ohio
- Frank Donaghue, Vice President of Regulatory Affairs, Chief Compliance Officer, Penn National
- William Egan, Senior Lottery Associate, Spectrum Gaming Group
- Alan Feldman, Distinguished Fellow, Responsible Gaming, University of Nevada, Las Vegas – International Gaming Institute
- Jon Ford, Senator, Indiana
- Steve Geller, Principal, Geller Law Firm
- Robert Heller, CEO, Spectrum Gaming Capital
- Jamie Hummingbird, Director, Cherokee Nation Gaming Commission
- Brandt Iden, Representative, Michigan
- Robert Jacobson, Executive Director, California Council on Problem Gambling
- Susan Jensen, Executive Director, California Nations Indian Gaming Association
- Kate Lowenhar-Fisher, Member, Dickinson Wright
- John Maloney, Principal Attorney, John K. Maloney Law
- Marquest Meeks, Senior Counsel, Sports Betting & Investigations, Major League Baseball
- Cody Martinez, Chairman, Sycuan Band of the Kumeyaay Nation
- Bill Miller, President & CEO, American Gaming Association (AGA)
- Steve Norton, CEO, Norton Management
- Keith Pickard, Senator, Nevada
- Dan Reaser, Director, Fennemore Craig
- F. Douglas Reed, Senior Pari-Mutuel Associate, Spectrum Gaming Group
- Kevin Ryan, Representative, Connecticut
- May Scheve Reardon, Executive Director, Missouri Lottery
- Sue Schneider, Editor-in-Chief, Gaming Law Review
- Judith A. Shapiro, Esquire, Judith Shapiro Law
- Katherine Spilde, Professor, L. Robert Payne School of Hospitality & Tourism Management, San Diego State University
- Perry Thurston, Senator, Florida
- Dave Trujillo, Director, Washington State Gambling Commission
- Joe Verrengia, Representative, Connecticut
- Rachel Volberg, Research Professor, School of Public Health and Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Keith Whyte, Executive Director, National Council on Problem Gambling
- Robert Zahradnik, Principal Officer, State and Local Fiscal Health, The Pew Charitable Trusts
- Jane Zerbi, Principal, Law Office of Jane Zerbi
Additional speakers will be added in the coming weeks.
The agenda for the three-day NCLGS Winter Meeting includes:
- Six legislative-chaired Committee sessions that will focus on tribal and commercial casinos, responsible gaming, and lotteries, as well legal, regulatory, and operational aspects related to sports betting
- Two IMGL masterclass panels conducted by the International Masters of Gaming Law focusing on the legal and regulatory trends of tribal-state gaming compacts and cutting-edge issues related to the surge of sports betting across the U.S.
- Morning Keynote Address from Robert Zahradnik of The Pew Charitable Trusts
- Luncheon Keynote Address from Bill Miller of AGA: “State of the Industry”
- Special presentation featuring the release of the “Responsible Gambling Effectiveness Principles” by AGA’s Responsible Gambling Collaborative
- General session panel examining what state and local governments can do to capture economic benefits of gaming
- Thursday evening networking reception
- Friday evening welcome reception
- Saturday afternoon offsite event
To view the agenda, register, and book rooms at the host hotel at special attendee rates by the December 11 deadline, visit http://nclgs.org/index.php/events/nclgs-winter-meeting-san-diego-2020.
For sponsorship information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Legislators and others seeking NCLGS membership information should contact Wayne Marlin at email@example.com.
NCLGS is the only organization of state lawmakers that meets on a regular basis to discuss issues relating to gaming. Members of NCLGS serve as chairpersons or members of state legislative committees responsible for the regulation of gaming in their state legislative houses. NCLGS does not promote or oppose gaming but is primarily concerned with the regulation and economic and social impacts of the industry. The NCLGS Foundation is the educational and research arm of NCLGS. The 501(c)(3) non-profit is a source of non-partisan data on issues of gaming legislation and regulation. Learn more about NCLGS at https://www.nclgs.org/.
Spectrum Gaming Group, which has performed advisory and consulting work for gaming operators, regulators, and legislatures in 40 U.S. states and territories and in 48 countries on six continents, serves as Executive Director of NCLGS. Discover more about Spectrum at https://www.spectrumgaming.com/.
SOURCE National Council of Legislators from Gaming States
Play’n GO Hit All the Right Notes With Black Mamba
Slot supplier Play’n GO have returned to the music world for their latest slot Black Mamba, created in partnership with the Italian hard rock band of the same name.
After the success of House of Doom, Sabaton and their most recent release, Demon, Play’n GO have once again teamed up with another band to create and unique slot based on their musical stylings.
The Italian super band from Italy comprises of four members; Martina Cori (vocals), Alexandra Maiolo (guitar), Cecilia Nappo (bass) and Federico Maragoni (drums), all of whom feature as characters in the game, using their musical skills as part of its special features before coming together in an epic grand finale.
As always, the band themselves were very involved in the game’s creation process, making several visits to the company’s office to work with the producers and artists involved in crafting the game’s final design.
The slot includes the band’s original music, as its soundtrack is taken from their newest album Black Mamba II, which was released in October this year. This includes popular tracks such as Monsters, Natural Born Disaster and the hit single Watch Me When I Fail, which is performed during the game’s main Free Spins feature.
To celebrate the release of the game, Play’n GO are hosting an exclusive concert featuring Black Mamba and English rock band Demon. The concert will coincide with the first evening of SiGMA, November 27th.
The game is another example of the company’s creativity in the world of slots. While the musical slot theme is a popular one, Play’n GO have managed not only to approach it uniquely but also redefine the idea of what it means to create a slot of this type.
CEO Johan Törnqvist spoke on the company’s unique approach to their slot making:
“Creativity and innovation are at the heart of everything we do; we want to take this form of entertainment into new territories, and that means playing with new ideas and new concepts.
Working with the band to create the slot is an example of this; we ensure that we capture the personality and the essence of their music and fuse it with the Play’n GO spirit you get with every release. To do that successfully, that’s when you know you’ve created something special.”
Black Mamba is available to play online today.
Greentube granted G4 certification
Supplier marks Responsible Gambling Week with key accreditation
Greentube, the NOVOMATIC Interactive division, has marked Responsible Gambling Week by becoming the first Austrian supplier to receive Global Gambling Guidance Group (G4) certification, the world’s strictest international player protection standard.
The G4 award, which covers all business verticals of a gaming company, underscores Greentube’s commitment to responsible gambling and the effectiveness of its player protection measures. The certification extends across the NOVOMATIC group, recognising achievements as both an operator and supplier of terrestrial slot arcades and casinos, sports betting, as well as online gaming and technology development.
Greentube’s responsible gambling measures were tested against nearly 100 criteria by independent auditors, who analysed in-house guidelines and codes of conduct, staff training on addiction prevention, age identification and youth protection. The supplier was also tested on the information available to customers on the risks of gaming, self-limitation tools and self-blocking options as part of the voluntary process.
Its parent company, NOVOMATIC, is the only gaming technology group worldwide to have successfully undergone G4’s strict analysis on such a scale and across multiple business segments, with a total of ten top-performing subsidiaries in Austria, Germany, the UK and the Netherlands achieving the accreditation. According to G4, the vast majority of Group revenue and its 30,000 employees will be certified in the coming year as auditing of the remaining companies progresses.
Barbara Zemann, Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability Manager at Greentube, said: “Receiving G4 certification is a monumental achievement for Greentube and the wider NOVOMATIC Group. It recognises our dedication to ensuring that player protection runs through the core of the business and that our gaming technology adheres to the highest responsible gambling standards.
“We are very proud that we have adopted the ‘responsible entertainment first’ mindset effectively at every level and been independently endorsed accordingly. The accreditation sends a clear message that we are committed to not only the continuous improvement of our games and products but to help players enjoy them safely.”
The G4 certificate must be renewed annually by means of a re-certification process, with standards regularly updated to reflect the latest scientific findings.
Relax Gaming Announces Appointment of Nadiya Attard as Director of Sales
BF Games strikes deal with Dench eSolutions
ORYX Gaming extends Favbet deal to Romania and other regulated markets
LeoVegas completes migration of 12 brands to create a better customer experience
HIGHLIGHT GAMES STRIKES IIHF ARCHIVE FOOTAGE AGREEMENT WITH INFRONT
12 Month of iGaming: A Landscape Analysis
AGA CEO Statement on the SBA’s Interim Guidelines for the Paycheck Protection Program
BtoBet Puts In Place Strategy For Sportsbook Shortfall
Leadstar Media outline big ambitions for My Betting Sites
Pro Gamer Tips Every Every Newbie Should Know
Follow us on Twitter
Latest News2 months ago
FinTech specialists aim to shape the future of money movement at ICE London
Latest News1 month ago
Kyiv hosted an international esports tournament: WePlay! Mad Moon
Latest News3 months ago
1xBet becomes the title partner of NAVI
Latest News2 months ago
2020 NBA 2K LEAGUE DRAFT DELIVERED BY PANERA BREAD TO BE HELD AT TERMINAL 5 IN MANHATTAN ON SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 22
Compliance Updates2 months ago
Wazdan set on global expansion as they enter 2020 with multiple licenses
Latest News3 months ago
Prague Gaming Summit 2020 moderator profile: Zlatan Omerspahić (Head of Legal and Compliance, Data Protection Officer at NSoft)
Latest News3 months ago
AskGamblers Raises Funds to Support Charity Organisations Dedicated to Fighting Childhood Cancer
Asia2 months ago
QTech Games partners with Ezugi to elevate live casino for Asia